Thursday, September 16, 2010

Birthday Fun


Another year has gone way too quickly.  I never felt like I was getting old, until I had children.  Even then, my age didn't make me feel old; it was my children's increasing years that caused me to realize that time is happening so fast.  This year was #35 and the first time that my number made me catch my breath!  All of the T's made me a card, and they always touch me.  T2's cake, decorated with all 35 candles, about made me fall over.....

Regardless of the momentary realization that I'm know longer a young mama, this had to be my best birthday yet.  Last year, I was on bed rest for my birthday and just praying that T4 wouldn't come at 30 weeks like they were worried she might.  Not quite the birthday celebration everyone hopes for, although I did score a homemade fondue night with the family.  This year, I was just so thankful to count my blessings:

an incredibly strong marriage to an amazing man




four beautiful, happy and healthy children




great friends


a faithful, loving, helpful family
an incredible small group
a church that is accepting God's challenge
a warm home with plenty of food
grace abounding
God's endless love
Jesus' overwhelming sacrifice
Holy Spirit's leading
a beautiful world to experience




Thank you, God.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment