Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet Moments

What a blessing today was.  Beautiful weather, friends and family!

We did school, cleaned the house, left for two showings, and met up with friends at the park.  T1 & T2 climbed in the trees with their friends.  They are so adventurous, and T2 is particularly fearless.  I wish I had taken my camera with me to catch some shots of how high they were.  T3 was sleepy from a short nap, but he had so much fun.  T4 was trying to eat every leaf, along with her little buddy.  She is so close to standing, before I know it she'll be walking!

My kids are so precious!  If I could just focus on that when they're being crazy, too!

T3 is so in to Cars; possibly a little too much.  Good luck having a conversation without that boy revving his engine!  He told us in the grocery store that he had a broken tire.  He then pointed to a boo boo on his big toe.  Before bed, he grabbed my face and looked me in the eyes.  He asked, "And you sleep with me Mama?"  Time to be planning another family sleepover. 

T1 enjoyed the dinner I made tonight and told me what an awesome mom I was.  He told me I was funny, tender like him, that I do anything for them, and I am a good cook.  He let me know how good dinner was.  "I'm as happy as an old man in a trailer park with his shirt off and his fly undone."  Seriously?? 

T2 is such a sweetheart.  Today she was extremely sad when we read that Christopher Columbus was brokenhearted after having been arrested and sent back to Spain.  The sympathetic look on her face melted my heart.

These moments are going by so fast!  I love taking the time to slow down and enjoy them.  Praying tomorrow will be just as sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment